It’s been over a year since Meghan Markle deleted her personal Instagram account and married a prince. Giving up social media is hard, but I think everyone would agree the trade-off is fair. A snapshot of her social media handles shows just how far she’s come since her simple days spent filming Suits here in Toronto: her alias used to be a lifestyle blog titled the Tig, now she’s better known as the Duchess of Sussex—or on Instagram, @sussexroyal.
Since last year’s royal wedding, Markle and Prince Harry have been officially represented on Instagram by @KenginstonRoyal, an account that also covers the day-to-day duties of Kate Middleton and Prince William. But the siblings’ courts have split, and now their social coverage has as well. Here’s how the Sussex royals announced their shiny new Instagram handle:
“Welcome to our official Instagram; we look forward to sharing the work that drives us, the causes we support, important announcements, and the opportunity to shine a light on key issues. We thank you for your support, and welcome you to @sussexroyal.”- Harry & Meghan
It’s been less than 12 hours and the account already has over a million followers—including Blake Lively, David Beckham, and Markle’s bestie Jessica Mulroney, who celebrated their inaugural post with two red heart emoji in the comments. The Sussex’s, however, don’t seem to be reciprocating the social media love to their off-duty friends: @sussexroyal is only following 23 accounts, most of which are charities that the couple supports.
This likely means Markle’s new account will be a little different from her last one. Looking back into her Tig era archive, however, we’re able to find a little bit of royal ‘gram inspiration. Who knows, maybe this modern princess will change the way the monarchy snaps, filters and shares the private moments of their lives. Here’s what we’re hoping we find our feed from @sussexroyals:
1. The famous banana bread recipe.
2. More smoldering selfies. (See previous examples.)
3. The launch of a #MarklesManicure hashtag.
4. An airport picture with her Away suitcase and an #ad disclosure in the caption.
5. Inspirational quotes about wine, yoga and #momlife. In a cursive font, of course.
6. Photos of the royal baby cuddling with their royal rescue dogs. (Like this.)
7. Royal baby lunch content. (Like this.)
8. Impactful images and words that continue to drive mass awareness to the causes the couple cares about. (Though it would be really, really cool if they tossed us some BTS Buckingham Palace content in between those posts.)
The post 8 Posts We Hope to See On Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s New Instagram Page appeared first on FASHION Magazine.